Free School Meals
Do you qualify?
You may be able to claim free school meals. You need to apply if you are receiving one of the benefits listed below:
You will qualify if you are receiving one of the following benefits.
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Do you receive Working Tax credit?
If you or a partner receive Working Tax Credit, regardless of income you will not qualify for free school meals.
If I qualify, when will my child get free school meals?
If you qualify, the majority of claims are dealt with the same day and your entitlement will start the day after. A letter of entitlement will be issued to you and we will notify the school.
Or call into the school and we will help!